In 2015 my biggest achievement was definitely finding my new post-processing style which suits the quirky, unconventional, alternative weddings I have been photographing.
The past year was full of great experiences and discoveries and here are some of the milestones on my journey as an alternative wedding photographer :)
- What do you do when it is pouring down outside? Shoot portraits in a bathroom, of course! Although I usually prefer smiling, happy people unaware of the camera, this portrait is one of my favourite.
- Details, I just love shooting details. They make great evocative pictures and are essential to tell the story of the day.
- It is always challenging to find new ways to photograph the bride getting ready. I have realised that I loved photographing hairdressers while they are busy working.
- One of my dreams came true last year as I flew in a helicopter with one of my couples! I could not believe how lucky I was!
- We landed in a field and I had the opportunity of shooting portraits in the middle of nowhere! That was such an unforgettable experience.
- I shot my second British-Japanese wedding - I just love multi-cultural weddings.
- I had fun with flare again.
- I used to avoid shooting in strong contrast, now I love it!
- I shot my first festival wedding and I loved it. Such a different vibe to the urban weddings I’m used to photographing.
- I realised that I could not resist framing…
- Silhouettes are definitely one of my favourite types of portrait.
- While some wedding photographers complain about guests using their phone at weddings, I don’t mind. As a documentary wedding photographer, I think they can be an interesting element in a picture.
- I just love evocative photography and I could probably shoot a whole wedding like that ;)
- Give me graphic elements anytime, I just can’t resist them.
If you are planning a fun, unconventional, quirky wedding or are just looking for an alternative wedding photographer in London, then check out my alternative wedding photography portfolio and get in touch. We might just be made for each other!